Thursday, August 29, 2013

Teen of Steel, Man of Means (Clex)



Teen of Steel, Man of Means by Anne Higgins
http://www.angelfire.com/nb/annehiggins/sville/sville1.html

One of the first stories I read in this fandom and still one of my favorites. I always thought that Clark was as much to blame as Luthor for Lex going bad. He is supposed to be his best friend and spends all his time lying to him and not doing it well. Here Clark gets his head out of his ass and realizes that normal is overrated and that he needs Lex in his life which means he needs the truth. Good story with believable characterization. I love Clark's line to his father.

 "I need you to rank it for me, Dad."

"Rank it?"

"I'm 15; he's 21. He's a guy. He's Lex. Which one pisses you off the most?"

Good story with a good followup story 10 years down the road. I wish there was more in this universe.


No comments:

Post a Comment