Friday, April 18, 2014

Family Bonds (Spike/Xander NC-17)



Family Bonds by Kimalis
http://spanderfiles.com/arvs/kimalis/familybonds.html
Banner done by author's son

Awesome story one that I read some time ago and lately found. I have been saying that alot lately haven't I. I am going through old files and sorting them and this is one of the stories I downloaded. In this story Xander and Spike are brought together when Xander is finally fed up with Buffy's behavior. They realize fairly quickly that something is going on that something turns out to be an old spell that is flaring up. There is action galore, very descriptive and very hot sex scenes and very complicated relationships among the Scoobies and family. I like the way the relationship develops between Spike and Xander and it shows both sides to a relationship good and bad. There is no instant fix and Xander's reaction to his possible immortality is heartbreaking. The reason for the spell is almost as bad but the ending is great and the story is worth rereading.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Your rec is like a really awesome summary, way better than the crappy one I wrote :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you liked it and it helps to have a lot more room for a writeup as well. I also liked the fact it had a very nice banner. Keep up the good work. I will also be doing some of your others when I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the banner :) my teenage son gritted his teeth against the slash and made it for me. Just last month I had the image put on a big coffee mug. I haven't written anything since Pierce the Apple, but every now and then I'm working on an edit of Family Bonds

      Delete